Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wedding Cake: Norwegian Style

You may or may not be aware that us Halverson sisters are close to 100% Norwegian. We were raised enjoying Norwegian favorites at holidays and have grown to love our heritage. It seems only fitting that we should then explore what us Norse do for a wedding cake.


Kransekake, which means ring cake, is a traditional Norwegian desert that is eaten on special occasions. Made from almond, sugar and egg whites, the cake is hard to the touch and chewy when you bite into it.

My sister plans on having a Kransekake at her wedding, however I am off the hook as my Grandmother will be making it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, yum. I had one of these at my college graduation open house. Way better than any "regular" cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually a Danish invention. But then Norway was in a union with Denmark until 1814. :-) But it's a lovely cake.

    ReplyDelete