Monday, March 22, 2010

Cake Supplies

When I first got serious about cake baking I decided it was time to get serious about the supplies that I used. One trip to JoAnn Fabrics and at least $100 later I had everything I needed to get started. Over the years I have expanded my collection and I must admit, having the right tools makes the baking process so much easier.

Here are your "must" items (in my opinion) if you are going to become a serious cake baker. All of these are from Wilton and can be purchased at www.wilton.com.





Bake Easy - this was the best discovery of my baking "career". I never bake with out it now. Spray it inside your cake pan and every cake will litterally fall out of the pan when you take it out of the oven.








Cake pans - in all appropriate sizes. These professional pans from Wilton are wonderful, the bake evenly and are non-stick.







Cake slicer - once the cake layers have cooled you use this to cut off the bumpy top so that you have a perfectly even layer. The wire is adjustable so you can control the size of each layer.








Frosting spatula - when you are ready to stack your cakes, this spatula is a great way to evenly apply the frosting.










Decorating bags and tips - a must if you are going to decorate any cake. Wilton sells a great box of tips in quantities of 25 or 50, quickly completing your collection.


1 comment: