Monday, February 21, 2011

The Moistest Brownies



For years I have failed at brownies. They would either turn out too floury and not chewy enough or lacking flavor. Now I blame the recipe.

From time to time my best friend Nissa would make her signature brownies and bring them to group functions. When we were at her place this past August packing up her boxes for her big move to LA, she served us brownies one last time. These brownies are so moist, chewy, chocolately and all around so wonderful that I swear they are the best I have ever had. Before she moved away I snagged a photo of her recipe.


For a long time this recipe resided as a photo in my phone, until this past weekend when I finally put it to good use. I was having some gals over and wanted to bake a desert worthy of Nissa. So I pulled out my BlackBerry and gave the recipe a try. I have to say, I was beyond impressed. These brownies came out better than one could ever have expected.

As the photo shows, the recipe for these chewy brownies is:
  1. Mix 2 cups of sugar and 4 eggs
  2. Melt 3 squares of chocolate (I used 2 semi-sweet and one bittersweet) and 2 cubes (1 cup) of butter
  3. Combine sugar and chocolate mixture
  4. Add in 1 cup of flour, 2 tsp vanilla (I used fresh vanilla bean) and a pinch of salt
  5. Once all combined pour into a greased and floured cake pan
  6. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes


To add my own touch to the recipe, I poured the batter into cupcake tins and pushed raspberries into the middle of the batter. The raspberries added a hint of fruit that gave the brownie even more dimension!! Beyond tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment